2020 06 21 Worship Thoughts
FIRST SUNDAY BACK TOGETHER FACE TO FACE
JUNE 28, 2020
Arrive at 9:45 AM
(WHAT WE DID BEFORE COVID-19 IS NOT WHAT WE WILL DO MOVING FORWARD)
WHAT TO DO
- Listen to your favorite worship song.
- Read the Biblical Text and Thoughts
- Sit in silence and Meditate on the words
- Journal what you hear from the Holy Spirit
- Read the prayer and add to it as the Holy Spirit Leads
Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 NIV
Seasons. Most of us like seasons – Summer, Fall, Winter (I love winter), and Spring. We tend to create “mile posts / benchmarks” around the seasons. Example: Spring is planting flowers and April showers.
READ Ecclesiastes 3:1-14
Scripture is filled with seasons. The writer of Ecclesiastes gives us this beautiful list of seasons or times. At the end of verse 14 are these words, “God does it so that men will revere Him.”
Do we revere God in the seasons of life? Many times we fear seasons of life. May / June is typically graduation time. Depending on who you talk to, some fear the end of high school or college because their identity is wrapped up in that season of life. Some fear the season between retirement and death.
Our view of the seasons of life determine how we live our lives. If we fear seasons, do we revere God. Remember He is with us in those seasons. He is with us in uncommon seasons as well.
We are about to enter a new season in the life of Pueblo Light and Light Church. On Sunday – June 28 we will un-suspend. As the Leadership Team prepared for this new season, every effort was taken to ensure Health and Safety. That in and of itself has created change – 6 feet of social distance, hand sanitizers, majoring cleaning, and the list goes on. Those were done so we can come together to worship and revere God.
Change is inevitable. Do we focus on God in the midst of change or do we focus on the season that has passed? “He has made everything beautiful in its time (v10).
Let us rejoice in this new season. Let us rejoice that we may join together face to face. Let us rejoice in God’s faithfulness.
Lord, as we un-suspend, we enter a new time / season. Help us to embrace this new season. Keep us safe as we gather. It is our desire to revere You. We love you.
A NEW SEASON OF GATHERING TOGETHER
WHAT WE DID BEFORE COVID-19 IS NOT WHAT WE WILL DO MOVING FORWARD.
- The virus will be with us until a vaccine is developed or the population has immunity (not reasonable).
- People over 65 are considered high risk (our current demographic fits this category).
- All surfaces are to be cleaned in between gatherings.
- Social Distancing will be here well into the fall / winter – probably into 2021.
Physical Plant items that have been done in accordance with all the available information at hand:
- Pews have been removed to allow for SOCIAL DISTANCING and are being repurposed.
- Church has been cleaned and sanitized.
- Floors have been cleaned and sanitized.
- Installed 3 hand sanitizer units located at the Welcome / Guest Center, near front door, near platform.
- Water has been run to clear the water lines.
- Swamp coolers have been maintenance and are functional.
- Fire Extinguishers have been inspected and 4 new extinguishers have been installed.
- Looked for health and safety (HS) issues thought out the building and addressed as needed.
- Looked for needed repairs (not completed as of yet).
- Parking lot steps need to be removed and reconstructed
- Kitchen prep door is being replaced due to the break-in
- Exterior lighting needs installed at three exterior doors (piano, kitchen prep, parking lot)
Major changes for the foreseeable future:
- Adult Sunday School / Small Group gathering is suspended – until further notice.
- Church meals are suspended – until further notice.
- Joy Adult Women’s Bible study is suspended – until further notice.
- Prayer Team gathering is suspended – until further notice.
- 6-foot Social Distancing will be practices at all times.
- Face masks should be worn when gathering.
- Cleaning will happen after each church gathering.
When arriving for Worship you will notice:
- A SEATING CHART has been developed to ensure the correct amount of seating.
- TITHES AND OFFERINGS box is located at the Welcome / Guest Center.
- Families who RESIDE together may sit together.
- NON-TOUCH thermometer will be used as needed.
- ONLY food or drink brought in by the individual for individual consumption may be brought into the building.
- NO childcare during gatherings (children will sit with parents).
- NO offering plates will be passed.
- NO shaking hands.
- NO hugging.
- NO standing at the front door.
- NO standing in the foyer / landing.
- NO Hymnals or Bibles will be provided (please bring your own Bible – words will be on the screens).
- NO bulletins will be provided
- NO access will be permitted to the kitchen area, conference room, copy room – bathrooms are available.
- FACE MASK should be worn by those attending – Pastor is permitted to remove during sermon, etc. (Sue Roberston has sewn masks if needed)
- Pastor and Song Leader will be 25 feet from the first row of attenders.
IF you do not feel well (cough, fever, shortness of breathe, etc.) DO NOT come.
No more than 50 people can be in attendance – IN OUR CASE 24.
1 Greeter will just say hello, remind folks of social distancing, share where offering can be placed. DO NOT shake hands / hug / etc!
What to expect in Worship Flow:
- Arrive from 9:45 AM – 10:00 AM
- Worship Starts at 10:00 AM
- Welcome / Information / Invocation
- Singing 3 songs (Cindy, Lydia, Marion)
- Message / Teaching
- Blessing and Sending
- Worship ends at 10:45 AM to 11:00 AM
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO SHARE:
We pray for the following as they transition from being part of Pueblo Light and Life Church. We bless them and pray for the transition.
- Pearle Griess has relocated permanently to Rye to live with family.
- Virginia Frazier has chosen to attend church where her grandchildren attend church and asked to be removed from he church roster.