Cindy – delegate
The local Board of Administration (Leadership) shall work in partnership with the senior pastor to provide vision, general oversight, planning and coordination of the ministries of the church. The purpose shall be to stimulate and ensure the furtherance of the congregation’s mission and the spiritual growth and development of the entire body. The Board shall provide spiritual leadership to the society. It shall seek to be guided by and strive to model the scriptural admonitions found in Matthew 28:19-20; Matthew 22:37-39; Ephesians 4:11-16; Matthew 20:25-28; John 17:20-21; that we may be presented to Christ in accordance with Ephesians 1:22-23; John 13:34-35; 1 Corinthians 14:33; Galatians 5:22-23; James 3:17; and Hebrews 12:14. (Par. 6300.D)
GENERAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Pastor to achieve the Mission and Vision God has given the church.
- Serve as the Trustee for the Corporation.
- Be an active learner.
- Teach, mentor, and lead others into what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.
- Serve as Spiritual Leaders to the ministry teams and the community of faith.
- Mentor individuals who have the gift of leadership.
SPECIFIC LEADERSHIP TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pray for the Pastor and community of faith
- Support the church financially at least at the level of the tithe (10% of income).
- Participate actively in worship weekly.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings of the Leadership Team.
- Provide support, guidance, and oversight of specifically assigned ministry teams (not managing or directing)
Local Board of Administration (Par. 6300.A) (italics added for clarification)
The local Board of Administration shall be composed of the senior pastor and ministry leaders as determined by the society. It is recommended that there shall be no less than seven (In April of 2019 the Superintendents provided guidance that the number should be 3-5), nor more that fifteen members. The Board shall have a least one delegate and, when the society has a separate Board of Trustees (counsel has been given by FMCUSA to not have separate Board of Trustees due to legal issues), one trustee as well. It is also recommended that no member, with the exception of the Pastor, serve for more than six consecutive years.
1. In consultation with the conference superintendent/s, the society may choose other structure and titles to appropriately reflect core values and desired outcomes.