2020 06 28 Worship Un-Suspending
PREPARING FOR THE FIRST SUNDAY
BACK TOGETHER FACE TO FACE
JUNE 28, 2020
Arrive at 9:45 AM
(WHAT WE DID BEFORE COVID-19 IS NOT WHAT WE WILL DO MOVING FORWARD)
IF you do not feel well (cough, fever, shortness of breathe, etc.) DO NOT come.
No more than 50 people can be in attendance – IN OUR CASE 26.
1 Greeter will just say hello, remind folks of social distancing, share where offering can be placed. DO NOT shake hands / hug / etc!
Pastor Mark will greet everyone on June 28.
Sue Robertson will be the greeter for the month of July.
WHAT TO DO THIS WEEK
- Pray that each of us are well as we gather together
- Pray for protection from COVID-19
- Pray for Pastor Mark as he continues to lead through this Pandemic (it IS NOT over)
BIBLICAL TEXT FOR SUNDAY
Luke 10:25-37 (NIV)
A NEW SEASON OF GATHERING TOGETHER
WHAT WE DID BEFORE COVID-19 IS NOT WHAT WE WILL DO MOVING FORWARD.
- The virus will be with us until a vaccine is developed or the population has immunity (not reasonable).
- People over 65 are considered high risk (our current demographic fits this category).
- All surfaces are to be cleaned in between gatherings.
- Social Distancing will be here well into the fall / winter – probably into 2021.
- COVID-19 will only be a non-issue when a vaccine is developed and widely delivered.
Physical Plant items that have been done in accordance with all the available information at hand:
- Pews have been removed to allow for SOCIAL DISTANCING and are being repurposed.
- Church has been cleaned and sanitized.
- Floors have been cleaned and sanitized.
- Installed 3 hand sanitizer units located at the Welcome / Guest Center, near front door, near platform.
- Installed 2 hand sanitizer units located near the rest rooms and just inside the door leading to the kitchen
- Water has been run to clear the water lines.
- Swamp coolers have had maintenance and are functional.
- Fire Extinguishers have been inspected and 4 new extinguishers have been installed.
- Looked for health and safety (H&S) issues thoughtout the building and addressed as needed.
- Looked for needed repairs (not a complete list).
- Parking lot steps need to be removed and reconstructed
- Kitchen prep door is being replaced due to the break-in
- Exterior lighting needs installed at three exterior doors (piano, kitchen prep, parking lot)
Major changes for the foreseeable future:
- Adult Sunday School / Small Group gathering is suspended – until further notice.
- Church meals are suspended – until further notice.
- Joy Adult Women’s Bible study is suspended – until further notice.
- Prayer Team gathering is suspended – until further notice.
- In excess of 6-foot Social Distancing will be practiced at all times (updated guidelines have been provided).
- Face coverings or mask shall should be worn when gathering.
- Cleaning will happen after each gathering.
When arriving for Worship you will notice:
- A draft SEATING CHART has been developed to ensure the correct amount of seating and social distancing.
- TITHES AND OFFERINGS box is located at the Welcome / Guest Center.
- Families who LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE together may sit together.
- NON-TOUCH thermometer will be used as needed.
- ONLY food or drink brought in by the individual for individual consumption may be brought into the building.
- NO childcare during gatherings (children will sit with parents).
- NO offering plates will be passed.
- NO shaking hands.
- NO hugging.
- NO standing at the front door.
- NO standing in the foyer / landing.
- NO Hymnals or Bibles will be provided (please bring your own Bible – words will be on the screens).
- NO bulletins will be provided
- NO access will be permitted to the kitchen area, conference room, copy room
- Bathrooms ARE available.
- FACE MASK will be worn by those attending – Pastor is permitted to remove during sermon, etc. (Sue Roberston has sewn masks if needed and are located at the Welcome Center)
- Pastor and Song Leader will be 25 feet from the first row of attenders.
What to expect in Worship Flow:
- Arrive from 9:45 AM – 10:00 AM
- Worship Starts at 10:00 AM
- Welcome / Information / Invocation
- Singing 3 songs (Cindy, Lydia, Marion)
- Message / Teaching
- Blessing and Sending
- Worship ends at 10:45 AM to 11:00 AM
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO SHARE:
The community of faith attendance will be reduced in number. This is to be expected in a Pandemic.
- Peggy Richardson’s death in March.
- Pearle Griess has relocated permanently to live with family in Rye.
- Virginia Frazier has chosen to attend church where her grandchildren attend church and asked to be removed from the church roster.
DRAFT SEATING CHART